Mas Isa is a luxurious and inviting country house set in a quiet location in the rural Haspengouw region, in Belgian Limburg. A short distance from the city of Hasselt, this charming holiday home is the perfect place to fully unwind or to make day trips in the city and nature. With 4 beautiful and spacious bedrooms, each with its own bathroom, the house offers every comfort for a getaway with family or friends. It is also possible to rent one of the four rooms separately, perfect for a romantic weekend out!
Mas Isa is furnished with high-quality natural materials such as warm parquet floors, natural stone in the bathrooms, wooden tables and decorated with serene colors and details. In the living room and kitchen, you will find a country style with a contemporary touch ... All designed with luxury, coziness, and comfort in mind!
Your hostess Isa can also pamper you with a breakfast that can be served in the house or she sets the table for you in the garden room of the country house behind. The gardens surrounding the country home are beautiful, here you can enjoy the calmness, spot a deer or simply do nothing. But you can also go hiking, cycling or horse riding in the area. Horses are very welcome at Mas Isa because there are all the facilities to comfortably stable your horse. Taste some culture in the alluring city of Hasselt (a fifteen-minute drive) and you should definitely take a tour in the Bloesemstreek past old castles and monuments.
In short, Mas Isa is the perfect location for couples and families who want to experience great moments together and enjoy comfort and luxury!
The arrival and departure days are on Mondays and Fridays. You can book a week, weekend or midweek stay.
All accommodations in our unique collection meet our high standards in quality, comfort, style and setting. We visit every place, meet the owners and explore the area, so we are sure that you will have a great holiday here!
Do you want to know more from Denise about Mas Isa? She is happy to advise you!
Our team has visited and inspected Mas Isa
Same prices as booking direct, no booking fees
Mas Isa is located in the town of Nieuwerkerken (Wijer) in Belgium, a pleasant village in a green area full of blossoms, horses, deer, and sheep. Mas Isa is located along a main road but you will not be bothered by this at all. In Nieuwerkerken you will find your daily facilities; there is a butcher shop, small local grocery stores(a larger supermarket is 5 km away), a bakery, and a number of local cafes.
Tips for a day out:
• Jump on the bike and explore the extensive network of routes and cycle paths such as the Bloesemroute and the famous cycle path of Belgium in the vicinity of Bokrijk that has been laid by a pond; here you cycle through the water!
• Rent a Vespa to tour the Haspengouw hills.
• Go for a walk in the various provincial parks such as Domein Nieuwenhoven (a beautiful old park forest), Domein’ t Speelhof (with a beautiful castle and rose garden) or Het Vinne (the largest natural inland lake in Flanders). You should certainly not miss the Doorkijkkerkje (Reading Between the Lines) at 25 minutes (driving distance), near Borgloon.
• Horse lovers will certainly enjoy a stay at Mas Isa because horses are more than welcome. There is a network of trails of about 650 kilometers long that goes over unpaved paths and through dunes, heathland, and forest. Your horse can stay in one of the Mas Isa stables.
• From Nieuwerkerken you are quickly in Hasselt (only a fifteen-minute drive). Here are many culinary hotspots and trendy lunch cafes. In addition, you will also find a fashion museum and street art on more than sixty facades in the city.
• Visit Genk or Sint-Truiden where you can shop, enjoy good food and culture.
Mas Isa is an authentic country house quietly set amid a natural environment in the Belgian region Haspengouw. The house - suitable for 8 people - consists of two separate buildings (wings), which are connected by a red gate. In the right wing (the smaller building) is a luxurious ensuite bedroom, a fully fitted kitchen, and a living room. In the left wing (the larger building), there are another 3 luxury ensuite bedrooms, a second fully fitted kitchen and a living room with a large table. From the kitchen. you have access to the garden and a terrace! The two buildings are not connected to each other from the inside, so the guests who sleep in the small building have to go outside to reach the other building!
The two wings can also be rented separately during the off-season. The right wing accommodates 2 people and the left wing accommodates 6 people, perfect for a family! The guests share the garden with each other!